Powered by Blogger.

(Drabble) Tea for Two - Breath

Title: Tea for Two - Breath
Fandom: Prince of Tennis
Rating: T
Genre: Does cheese counted as a genre...? (Romance, Friendship)
Summary: Because your presence is like breath in my life
Status: Complete
Note: A huge thank you for Kuririn the beta :)
Disclaimer: Prince of Tennis and Tachibana Kippei's belonged to the Mighty Konomi Takeshi. While Matsuda Saki and the cheeses are mine.

“Even if I lose everything, if my popularity drops.
Even if I can’t sing, if I get a different job;
Will you still be able to love me for who I am?”

~ Se7en – When I Can’t Sing

Breath

Some people have different ways to spend their weekend, just like Tachibana Kippei and Matsuda Saki. Today was indeed a very hot summer morning, so both of them decided to stay at the Matsuda residence, watching television.

“Hey Kippei, aren’t you feeling hot?” Saki moved from her position to face her boyfriend-next-door. Tachibana gulped. He knew this pattern already.

“Yeah. What about it?” He tried to focus his eyes to the television in front of him. Unfortunately, his girlfriend knew some good ways to divert the attention to her. “OUCH!” He looked at the girl sitting beside him in an instant. “That hurt, you know!” and after that, he continued rubbing his swollen arm. That Saki surely knows how to pinch.

“It’s your fault for not paying attention to me,” she smiled triumphantly.

He knew he couldn’t go back now. “What do you want?” he asked.

“I want some shaved ice.”

He groaned. “I don't want to.”

She sat up straight from her leaned position. “I want some shaved ice,” she grabbed his arm and shaked it rather violently. “I want some shaved ice, Kippei. Please? Please?” Tachibana saw that ‘please-Kippei-my-life-depends-on-you’ look in her eyes. He sighed in defeat, knowing that he would lose against her, sooner or later. “Okay then.” He stood up from the couch.

“Yaaayyy Kippei is so kind~” She exclaimed happily and threw her body against the couch.

“We’re not making it together?” He asked confusedly. Usually, she would go with him to the kitchen and make the shaved ice together. “No, too lazy to move.” She answered simply while grabbing the remote control to change the channel. Tachibana Tachibana merely sighed.

Five minutes later, he was back in the living room with 2 bowls of shaved ice in his hand. He handed one to Saki, who accepted it happily. “Thank you so much, Kippei.” She grinned.

They continued to watch the movie together, sitting side by side, when suddenly Tachibana asked.

“Saki, what if one day I lose everything? If I lose tennis, if I can’t cook anymore, if I find a different life path from what I’m walking on now…” he paused for a moment. “Would you… Would you still be with me for who I am?”

She turned her head at his direction and blinked. She put her bowl on the table and waved her hand in front of him. “Oo~ii, is Kippei here?”

Now, it was Tachibana who made a confused face. She looked at him. “It’s so unusual for you to be pessimistic.”

He snapped, like being woken up from his dream. “I’m just asking.” He diverted his eyes from hers. “Sorry, I just was being strange. Forget what I had said earlier.” He stood up from his position, tried to gather the bowls and stopped when he felt arms encircled around his waist. He knew whose arms were that, even without confirming it with his own eyes.

“Stupid Kippei,” Saki’s words sounded like a whisper, filled with concern. “If you stay right next to me breathing, there’s nothing better. Nothing better than you.”

He could felt the grip on his waist loosened and he looked down, to meet with Saki’s eyes. He stared at her soften eyes, only to find the same optimistic fire she had always shown every time. He chuckled and said with a tender voice, “I should have known that.”

He caressed her cheek gently, tracing every part of her face lovingly. He should have known that despite her difficult personality, she was the one who would always be by his side. He didn’t need much words, he could felt it with her presence already.

Her hand was moving upwards, touching his hand with hers, and he could feel her soft and warm hand, holding his fingers, sending him some courage he needed.

He cupped her cheeks with both of his hands, leant his face down so he could see her eyes clearly. He kissed her nose lightly; her sweet giggle was heard, filling the depth of his heart like sunshine. Next time, he should let her light shine through his life, rather than throwing some doubtful questions on her.

He pressed his lips against her cheek. It lingered for some good time, until he broke their connection.

“Stupid Kippei.” She let out a soft laugh; slight pink shades on her face were noticeable enough by him. He decided she was cute that way, and he would love to share every moment with her forever.

“What are you looking at? Go wash the dishes now,” She kicked him back to reality. She may be one of the meanest lovers ever, but he couldn’t care less; as long as she was by his side, filling his life like a breath.

“Now if you stay right next to me breathing, just like a breath, nothing better, nothing better than you.”
~Jung Yup – Nothing Better

0 comments:

Post a Comment